Three Adams County Lakes Close Due to Toxic Green Algae
Three beaches on Adams County lakes have closed indefinitely due to several people getting sick from coming into contact with toxic green algae. Lake Arrowhead, Petenwell, and Castle Rock Lakes were all closed last week. Contact with the toxic green algae can cause symptoms of headaches, stomach cramps, diarrhea, vomiting, muscle weakness, fever, and trouble breathing. It is unconfirmed how many fell ill to the green algae or when the lakes will reopen. If you come into contact with the green algae make sure to wash yourself off right away.
News At Other State Sites:
- Wisconsin National Guard chief resigns after report shows sexual assault investigations vi...31 mins ago
- Brandau, Robert “Bob” R. Age 90 of Rural Wilton1 hour ago
- Sentry gives $2 million to Medical College of Wisconsin’s Wausau campus as it trains...1 hour ago
- Waukesha South student out of hospital and in court2 hours ago
- Roalkvan, David Allen Age 67 of Cashton and formerly of Elroy2 hours ago
- ‘It was pretty cool’: 4 white deer spotted at Wisconsin Rapids business2 hours ago
- Thanksgiving Day Accident Could Lead to Hit and Run Charges2 hours ago
- GOP says state is undercharging employees for rent on state properties7 hours ago
- Baldwin backs bill to improve housing for volunteer first responders7 hours ago
- Klinkners, Huber Earn WFBF’s Top YFA Awards12 hours ago
- Got Real Milk?12 hours ago
- Sheep & Goat Breeders Holding Small Ruminant Clinic in February12 hours ago
WISCONSINREPORT.COM (WiscReport.com) is not affiliated with Wisconsin Government or any state agency, department, entity, or other website or printed publication with Wisconsin in it’s name. Established in 2002, we operate completely independent from political parties and other forms of outside influence. Our Mission is to report the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. We are WiscReport on Twitter and Facebook. A Morbizco Internet Media online publication. – WisconsinReport.com.