Suspect Not So Happy After Not Getting His Happy Meal
All he wanted was a burger before going to jail. Bloomer police report the arrest of a 50-year-old suspect who was determined to get a meal at McDonald’s before heading to jail. An officer tried to stop the car driven by Jack Rasmussen because there was an arrest warrant in his name. Rasmussen refused to stop until he drove to the fast food restaurant. When he was told to stand by his truck, Rasmussen struggled with the officer and a backup as he tried to enter the restaurant to get some food. He reportedly told the officer he wasn’t going to let him put the handcuffs on until he ate. He didn’t get the hamburger. If convicted, Rasmussen could be facing almost seven years in prison.
News At Other State Sites:
- Weekend storms cause washouts, road closures in northern Wisconsin7 hours ago
- Police logs: Pig reported in city7 hours ago
- Farm Technology Days announces plans for $250,000 in grants and scholarships7 hours ago
- Gov. Scott Walker sets goal of topping nation in high school grads in four years8 hours ago
- Bucks’ Sterling Brown sues Milwaukee over stun-gun arrest8 hours ago
- Smoking hits new low; about 14 percent of US adults light up8 hours ago
- Tomah FFA Produces Many Top Honors at State FFA Convention9 hours ago
- Sandra “Sandie” M. Scott9 hours ago
- Beatrice (Bea) Pavlat9 hours ago
- Milwaukee state office building to be named after Vel Phillips9 hours ago
- Governor Walker Declares State Of Emergency For Northern Wisconsin10 hours ago
- Police Chief’s Nephew Pleads No Contest To Battering Charge10 hours ago
WISCONSINREPORT.COM (WiscReport.com) is not affiliated with Wisconsin Government or any state agency, department, entity, or other website or printed publication with Wisconsin in it’s name. Established in 2002, we operate completely independent from political parties and other forms of outside influence. Our Mission is to report the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. We are WiscReport on Twitter and Facebook. A Morbizco Internet Media online publication. – WisconsinReport.com.