Gundersen St. Joseph’s Patient and Family Advisory Councils seeks new members
The intent of Gundersen St. Joseph’s Hospital and Clinic’s Patient and Family Advisory Council is to serve as an advisory resource to the administration and staff. The council is an opportunity to provide input into the services, policies, and programs provided.
The council is made up of around 12 community members and two to four staff representing Gundersen St. Joseph’s. Meetings occur four times per year with dinner provided. Topics discussed include patient education, process improvement, and community health initiatives.
There are more than 300 active community members in the program throughout the Gundersen Health System. In 2018 alone, the Patient and Family Advisory Councils guided the organization in 195 different initiatives.
“We act pretty much as a sounding board for the hospital,” says Maddie Mitchell, a current member of the Gundersen St. Joseph’s council. “Our main job is to voice the community’s praises, concerns, and opinions about the hospital. Our group is comprised of individuals from all parts of our community including Elroy, Wonewoc, and Hillsboro.”
“Gundersen St. Joseph’s is always looking for better ways to achieve our goals of improving the health of our communities, easing the financial burden of healthcare, and offering an outstanding experience of care,” says Dan Howard, director of marketing at Gundersen St. Joseph’s who is also the facilitator of their patient and family advisory council. “Together, with the help of the community, we can work towards enriching every life, every day, every way we can.”
If you are interested in serving on the council, please contact Dan Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit gundersenhealth.org/patients-visitors/patient-advisory-council
News At Other State Sites:
- The white blue-collar vote is seen as Trump's base in Wisconsin. But it's actual...5 hours ago
- Holy Cross Sisters of Merrill erects billboard to call for 'humane treatment' of...9 hours ago
- Rolled ice cream, PBR's hard seltzer, readers prove their Wisconsin roots: Stories yo...10 hours ago
- Farmers have concerns as state considers new permitting rules for livestock operations23 hours ago
- Evers wants to eliminate carbon-based fuel in Wisconsin by 205024 hours ago
- DNR developing cleanup plan for fugitive’s bunker1 day ago
- Truck Driver Who Hit School Bus Found Guilty1 day ago
- Assembly Committee Takes Steps To Address Lyme Disease Fears1 day ago
- School District of Mauston Meetings1 day ago
- Bank Survey: WI Farmland Values Continue to Hold Steady1 day ago
- Equalized Value of Residential, Ag Properties on the Rise1 day ago
- Farm to Table Dinner Event Slated For Saturday1 day ago
WISCONSINREPORT.COM (WiscReport.com) is not affiliated with Wisconsin Government or any state agency, department, entity, or other website or printed publication with Wisconsin in it’s name. Established in 2002, we operate completely independent from political parties and other forms of outside influence. Our Mission is to report the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. We are WiscReport on Twitter and Facebook. A Morbizco Internet Media online publication. – WisconsinReport.com.